At MatSu Food Bank we are often asked what food donations we need for the pantries. Here are some suggestions:
- Fresh products such as Vegetables, Milk, Butter, Bread.
- Canned Meats such as Chicken, Tuna, Beef, Hash, Spam, Salmon
- Pasta, Ravioli, Spaghetti, Macaroni & Cheese
- Canned Fruit such as Peaches, Pears, Mixed Fruit, Apple Sauce
- Canned Vegetables such as Corn, Green Beans, Peas, Mixed Vegetables
- Cereals such as Boxed Cereal, Oatmeal, Cream of Wheat.
- Soups, Stews or Instant Noodles such as Top Ramen
- Dry Goods such as Rice, Beans, Flour, Sugar, Powdered Milk
- Peanut Butter, Jelly
- Frozen items such as Meats, Juice, Vegetables, Fruit
- Any foods you would eat and someone else would eat also
To ensure food safety, we cannot use:
- Rusty or unlabeled cans
- Homemade items
- Noncommercial canned or packaged items
- Alcoholic beverages
- Open or used items
- Medicine (prescription or over-the-counter) or vitamins
We appreciate your donations of any amount or quantity. We are always available to accept donations during pantry hours Mon-Fri from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM. You can also usually find someone available to accept your donation beginning around 8:30 AM up until 3:00 PM. Outside of those times we encourage you to leave non-perishable donations in the green barrel located near the front door of the pantry.